‘Merax’ a known name in the home and office utility products has now successfully delved into the arena of fitness products.Known for its quality, contemporary designs, ergonomics and reliability, its treadmills too can be a worth take home option.
But, before buying one, lets dig a little deeper to know the nuances we might otherwise overlook. Of course health should not be compromised as well as the money spent should bring you benefits you’ve been looking for.
Merax machines fall in the category of low cost and affordable treadmills, with features that will satisfy your needs.
They are folding type treadmills which have dimensions such that lots of space is not eaten up. Very apt for the price they demand.
1. MERAX JK103A: Easy Assembly and Folding treadmill
‘Merax’ has successfully developed a treadmill where they have skilfully combined two essentials integral to consumer satisfaction namely, affordable price and crucial features.
A keen look at the machine is essential to know whether it will suit you or not. As opposed to other designs, this treadmill assures ease of use. The weight of the gadget is around 70 pounds which in itself gives enough evidence that you will be able to carry it easily or shift it from one place to another in your home.
The ‘Space saving’ design is also a much wanted feature by most of the customers.
- Speed: 1KM/H – 10KM/H, 0.62MPH – 6.2MPH
- Assembled size: Approx. 53 by 25 by 43.7 inches
- Folded size: Approx. 53 by 25 by 22.5 inches
- Running surface : 14 by 44 inches
- Max weight capacity: 220 pounds
- Rated Power: 500W, Peak Power: 500W
- 3 Built-in workout programs. Along with that there is a manual program which can be customised as per need and two pre set programs.
- It has a 4 layered running belt which is anti slip and shock absorbing in nature. It helps to reduce stress on the ankle, knee joints such that muscles undergo a fast recovery from the workout.
- The machine efficiently tracks the users performance metrics. Your speed, distance covered, heart rate and calories burnt are displayed on the LCD screen.
- Inclines on the running track make workouts harder. This one has incline capability but it has to be manually done. It has 3 incline settings in all.
- Isn’t noisy. Customers have reported that they don’t need to put their TV’s volume up while working out.
- It has one year warranty on the frame and motor.
- The upper weight limit is 220 pounds.
- The peak power is 500 watt that limits the maximum speed that you can attain to only 10 km/hr.
Perfect for people who have limited space in their house. Apt for girls, aged people as well as young men and women who fall within the upper weight limit the machine can bear.
If you’re not a runner and need to add moderate cardio in your daily routine, if the maximum speed the machine can help you attain is enough for you, this is the best for the price they offer.
2. MERAX HEAVY DUTY ELECTRIC FOLDING TREADMILL: Running Jogging Machine, Shock-Absorbing Double Layer Running Board, Large LCD Panel with Phone/Pad/Cup Holder
This treadmill, is one of the best by MERAX. Incorporating everything that is essential for a machine that will not only aid in promoting good health, but also give you peace of mind with its ease of use and durability.
Merax charges a little more for this treadmill when compared to its other models, but it is totally worthy of it.
- 🏃 Convenient Folding Design - Merax treadmill is conveniently sized for home use with reliable folding design and two rolling wheels for easy portability. And a modern folding treadmill doesn't necessarily mean compromise on durability standards. A minimum 10 minutes required for assembly.
- 🏃 Powerful Motor - Quiet but powerful motor delivers speed from 0.62 - 6.2 MPH for different fitness goals with Merax treadmill. This fitness machine also features a 4-layer PVC blend 15" x 43" running belt for an impressive springy feeling and less stress on the motor.
- 🏃 Digital LCD Display - An easy to read display helps monitor the speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned for efficient workout routine. 3 built-in auto programs to meet your different running goals: cardio training, weight loss and muscle toning.
- 🏃 Safety Design - Emergency stop key connects you to the machine, protecting you during workouts. Merax electric running machine for home safely supports up to 220 LBS.
- 🏃 This electric folding treadmill comes guaranteed with a Lifetime frame and motor Warranty and a 1-year parts Warranty.
- Speed: 1 KM/H – 12 KM/H; 0.62 MPH – 7.5 MPH
- Assembled size: Approx. 59 x 28 x 50 inches
- Running surface size: 16.5 x 47 inches (maximum running length provided by Merax)
- Product weight: Approx. 105 lbs
- Power: 1.5HP (1100 watt approx.)
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- 9 built in programs provide lots of variety to choose from. They can help break monotony and make workouts interesting.
- The machine reaches a decent upper speed limit of 12 KMPH/ 7.5 MPH and a powerful motor is provided to withstand long workouts and sudden changes in speeds.
- An impressive upper weight limit of 264 lbs (120 kg).
- A large LCD panel which displays all performance metrics especially calories burnt. You can enter weight to get
- Buttons are provided on the handles which provide instantaneous changes in speeds and allow to start or stop the machine as per need.
- Claims to give a very quite experience owing to a low noise motor. Provided with cushioning layers that help reduce vibration. Shock-Absorbing Double Layer Running Board.
- Merax provides Lifetime frame and motor Warranty and a 2-year parts Warranty with the purchase of this treadmill.
- This Merax Heavy Duty Electric Folding Treadmill has a manual incline adjustment.
- There are no ports for earphones or any sort of music device.
Compact yet sturdy. It is complete in a way that covers all the necessary features of a desired treadmill.
3. MERAX A6
This treadmill by Merax has all the basic features along with a powerful motor that supports it. It is a new addition to their range of treadmills.
- Rated Voltage: 110 V
- Speed range: 0-8 MPH
- Upper weight limit: 260 lbs
- Folding Dimensions LXWXH: 25.6 X 20 X 54.3
- Running Belt Dimension LXW: 41 X 15 inches
- Power: 2.5 HP
- [1-12.8 KM/H Digital Quick Speed Control Function]: With the quick touch of a button you can adjust speed to manipulate workout intensity from a light warm up to heavy sprinting
- [40.2 L * 15.7W Running Surface]: Large running surface provides enough room for users of all fitness levels and sizes
- [3 Modes and 12 Automatic Workouts Programs]: Reach your goals with pre-set programs, monitor your progress when running without a program using the the 3 built-in modes of distance, calories burned, and time passed
- [Easy-Access Handlebar Controls]: Speed adjustment and start/stop buttons are located on both handles within easy and fast reach
- [Space Saving Design]:Free up floor space by folding your treadmill up and out of the way when not in use with the easy folding feature
- 12 automatic workout options and 3 kinds of countdown modes are available to choose for easy training.
- LCD display screen tracks progress in speed, distance and calories burned at the same time
- 2.5 HP strong motor, beyond any traditional treadmill will give continued momentum. Simulate the material of the stadium to increase comfort.
- It is space saving so you can keep it in any area of your home according to your convenience The smart treadmill can be easy folded. It is provided with wheels for moving and storage.
- Covered with 12 month warranty.
- This treadmill has a slight fixed incline.
- Triple layered running belt is anti skid as well as made to reduce stress on the joints.
- Tread belt includes 3 layers to provide safety by avoiding slip and scientific exercise experience
- This machine is provided with a clear and easy instruction manual. It has been made in a manner that it can be assembled without putting in much effort.
- Non adjustable incline.
- The machine will efficiently support 250 lbs of weight rather than what is written in the description (approx 260 lbs).
A fairly good treadmill that has all the needed features, a powerful motor and additional builtin workout programs . This is a good option, if you do not need a very high speed range machine.
4. MERAX A7
Yet another reliable treadmill from Merax, which is space saving and portable enough such that everyone in the house can handle it easily. Apart from this, the sturdiness of the machine has not been compromised.
- Speed Range: 0 – 10 km/hr
- Product weight: 70 lbs
- Weight limit: 250 lbs
- Folded Dimensions L x W x H: 22.8 x 25.2 x 50 in
- Running belt dimension L x W: 41 x 15 in
- Power: 2.0HP
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- Importantly it has a powerful, motor 2 HP (about 1500 watts). This guarantees high torque, great pick up for speed and long and hassle free life of the machine.
- Durable enough to hold 250 lbs weight.
- The highest speed is 10km per hour. That is about 6.21 miles per hour.
- 12 built in programs are an attractive feature of this treadmill. These range from P1 to P12 to provide variety of intensity in your workout and also 3 countdown modes are available.
- A well suited ergonomic design makes the usage even better and easy. Whatever your requirement may be , a tablet or a smart phone or any reading material can be easily put into this machine since they have provided accessory items holder apart from cup holder and MP3 player.
- Pulse readers integrated into the hand rails.
- A generous 5 inches LCD display will provide the basic workout statistics, of course not excluding the calories burnt.
- Multilayered running deck provides ease on the joints.
- Provision of safety key and also an emergency stop button on the hand rails provides dual protection from any accidental failure of the machine.
- 12 months warranty including motor.
- The running belt is set at a small incline of 10-15 degrees. It cannot be adjusted according to need, neither electrically nor manually.
- There isn’t any flat running available.
- The running belt measurement may limit fairly tall people from a comfortable and long stride. They might instead find the machine good enough only for walking.
- Speed can be a limitation for those willing to run rigorously.
It is a very affordable option if you’r looking for a good treadmill with high quality and powerful motor.
We suggest you to analyse your requirements thoroughly. Check the upper weight limit of the machine and it can then be a smart buy for you if it suits your needs.
5. MERAX L510C (240 lbs)
Built by Merax this treadmill has impressive features yet it is very much affordable for almost anyone. This one provides a decent length and breadth of the running deck which in itself is a luxury.
Users have found it easy to use and well suited to their needs.
- Speed Range: 0 – 12 km/hr
- Product weight: 73 lbs
- Weight limit: 240 lbs
- Assembly Dimensions L x W x H: 56.3 x 25.2 x 42.1 in
- Running belt dimension L x W: 43.3 x 15.7 in
- Power: 1.5 HP
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- Digital Quick Speed Control Function：With the quick touch of a button you can adjust speed to manipulate workout intensity from a light warm up to heavy sprinting. Speed adjustment and start/stop buttons are located on both handles within easy and fast reach.
- 3 Modes and 12 Automatic Workouts Programs：Reach your goals with pre-set programs, monitor your progress when running without a program using the 3 built-in modes of distance, calories burned, and time passed.
- 16" Wide Tread Belt：Stretch out your stride on this spacious deck, you'll be comfortable and unrestricted throughout your entire workout. Treadmill deck provides essential supportive cushioning for ankles, back, knees and joints for enhanced running comfort and aid in muscle recovery. Grass pattern anti-slip belt design provides optimum friction for enhanced grip and traction while you running.
- EKG Grip Pulse Sensor：Monitor and maintain your target heart rate for optimal fitness results, simply grip the sensors and then watch on the display for a quick read.
- Transportation Wheels and Space Saving Design:Fitted base rolling wheels on the treadmill underside provide easy and simple transport that protect your floors. Free up floor space by folding your treadmill up and out of the way when not in use with the easy folding feature. Machine comes fully with all required tools and instructions and assembled, simply unfold it and tighten the screws
- A powerful motor of 1.5 HP provides smooth functioning and great pick up of speed. Maximum speed that can be reached is 12 km/hr. The speed can be easily adjusted using buttons that are provided on the hand rails.
- L510C has 12 built in workout programs but you can also customise the programs using 3 variables of distance, calories or time passed as per your requirement.
- The running deck is multi layered and made of anti skid material. It has been made keeping in mind, that work out should be easy on the joints as well as it saves you from any sort of accidental failure.
- Provision of safety key to help immediately stop the machine.
- Incorporated with a tablet holder, a pair of speakers and an auxiliary port for music and two water bottle holders, one on each side are some additional features.
- The hand rails have an inbuilt pulse grip sensor.
- The LED display screen is 5 inches wide which efficiently displays the performance metrics.
- Made of heavy steel and is covered by a 12 months warranty including motor.
The treadmill has a single fixed incline. If you really need variations in incline off and on, this one might not suit you. Moreover, any person having a height of around 6 feet may find the running deck short. Carefully analyse your requirements before you make the choice.
This one is a great treadmill with an adequately powerful motor and an adequately sized running belt. It is a value for money object for it contains all the essential as well as some additional features to make workouts interesting and productive.
A good take home option!