Finding a treadmill with a budget constraint is tough.
Be it a treadmill or any fitness equipment, you should first of all focus on its ‘reliability’. Even though you search for a cheap treadmill, it is better not to compromise on the brand value of the product. Brand value is built overtime and it is a reflection of the trust that users vested in the product to the effect of deriving satisfaction from it. We have foremost considered this as a criterion for making a list of best cheap treadmills under $300, for you.
What should you expect when you buy a cheap treadmill?
When it comes to cheaper treadmills, you should expect a basic one that has been built for mild cardio training. They are not for serious running.
The premium models may give additional features which you will have to compromise here. When it comes to additional features; extra cushioning mechanisms on the running platform, built in speakers, backlit LCD/LED displays, automatic incline settings, better and longer warranties are just to name a few. But, as a consumer you should be satisfied with fewer features as the amount you are paying would be far lesser than what you would pay when buying a high end treadmill.
You may find some good budget friendly options in our list of ‘Best treadmills under 300$’.
1. Weslo Cadence G 5.9i Treadmill
Weslo Cadence G 5.9i is. a great treadmill in the lower price range. It comes with a bundle of features which others in this category fail to provide. This is compact in size so it can be a good option for those who have limited space.
- Dimensions: 55.5” H x 29” W x 64.5” D | Folded dimensions: 60” H x 29” D | Belt: 16" W x 50" D
- Weight capacity: 275 pounds
- Activation required: Go activate to redeem your 1 month iFit membership and activate your equipment or simply press and hold the Bluetooth button for 25 secs while the machine is turned on to manually activate it
- If you want to bypass iFit activation press and hold the Bluetooth button for approximately 30 seconds while the machine is turned on.
- Space saver design: Simply fold your machine’s treadmill deck up when you are done working out in 1 easy step
- Speed Range: 0 to 10 mph
- Product weight: 100 lbs (approx)
- Weight limit: 275 lbs
- Running belt dimension L x W: 55”x 16” i
- Incline: 2 manual incline settings
- Power: 2.25 Hp
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- This treadmill is powered by a 2.25 Hp motor and can provide a speed upto 10 mph. This is a sufficient range for brisk walking or light jogging.
- It is low on noise.
- It is light in weight and the folding system is pretty easy. It does not have any hydraulic system for folding it up, but what they provide is a hassle free folding mechanism. It can easily be shifted from one place to another and being compact it is a good equipment for small apartments.
- The length of the running track is 50 inches which is good while the breadth may be a limiting factor for some, which is 16 inches. It is completely a personal need, since some find it to be constricted while the same belt would serve fine for others.
- The company has taken care of reducing unnecessary stress on your joints and the belt has been built with ‘comfort cell’ cushioning technology to make your workout a easy and satisfying experience.
- There are 2 incline settings which can be adjusted manually, and changing it setting is really easy.
- The console isn’t too large. It is sleek and features a small display screen which is rather clear to read. All necessary metrics are displayed here. Moreover, all buttons for speed and other necessary settings are well placed for user’s ease.
- The heart rate isn’t measured by a wireless chest strap and neither does it have any grip sensors. Rather they have another method of checking your heart rate as and when you feel like. It will be recorded by touching your thumb on a sensor that’s present on the console.
- It provides a tablet holder in the centre and two grooves on both sides to keep your bottle or cup or any utility item that would fit in.
- The treadmill has also got to offer you 6 inbuilt workout programs where 3 are meant for weight loss, and the rest three are low, moderate and high intensity cardio programs.
- The out of the box feature that you get with this treadmill is iFit compatibility and bluetooth connectivity(that will enable you to use iFit). This is something rare to be found in a treadmill of this price range.
- Of course iFit will enable you to workout virtually on terrains around the world using google maps and also engage in studio workouts with professional trainers.
- Weslo Cadence G5.9i comes with a rather limited warranty. The motor is covered for a year labor and parts have 90 day warranty on them.
- This machine has not been built for rigorous running. It is for easy jogging and brisk walking. It is bound to help you achieve your fitness goals if you aren’t a professional runner. It will last long, and support you with no issues if used properly and kept with care.
- It has only 2 manual incline settings so when you use iFit, you can change you cannot change your incline off and on. Although you can enjoy all other perks of getting a live trainer’s guidance during workouts.
- To redeem the 1 month iFit membership you need to activate your account with iFit by entering your card details whereby further on you will be charged for it every month. Importantly the subscription is affordable.
- It does provide heart rate but only when you place your thumb on the sensor. Constant heart rate monitoring is not done.
- It does not have built in speakers.
There are some limitations which have been clearly mentioned by us. If you are not keen to have any more features included and need a decent treadmill for daily jogging, this one is a good choice. Although you should keep in mind that this is not meant for running!
If you are one of those who would easily get bored by a basic treadmill and budget constraint is also a factor for you, this one is the right choice. With a low price and the number of features this one provides, it is one of its kinds.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness Sf T7603
Treadmills from Sunny Health and Fitness are popular for being good in quality yet medicore with respect to price. althoug they do produce high end feature rich treadmills too, but this is a basic one where you can rely on the quality.
- STURDY, QUIET & HIGH QUALITY: Solid steel construction with extra shock absorption system makes your indoor run or walk a steady and effective cardio workout while getting the best value from the Sunny treadmills
- LCD MONITOR & PULSE GRIP: Monitors the heart and pulse rate, track distance and time, includes 9 workout programs that keep you challenged with your fitness goals
- ADJUSTABLE INCLINE & SHOCK ABSORPTION: Tune up your workout with 3 levels of adjustable incline, less impact on your legs and joints with built-in treadmill cushioning vs. hard asphalt
- COMPACT, PORTABLE & GREAT VALUE: 49L x 16W in tread belt. Easily fold up to 32.5L X 27W X 58H inches in 5 seconds, 2 transportation wheels make it easier than ever to move this treadmill without damaging your floors
- SPEED RANGE: 0.5 to 9 mph, max user weight limit is 220 lb
- Speed Range: 0.5 to 9 mph
- Product weight: 103 lbs (approx)
- Weight limit: 220 lbs
- Running belt dimension L x W: 49”x 16”in
- Incline: 3 manual incline settings
- Power: 2.2 Hp
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- A 2.2 Hp DC motor will power the machine. Since this is recommended for mild jogging or walking, you can expect it to function well within the premise of what it has been built for.
- The running area in this treadmill is ok. Neither very psacious nor too cinstricted. It is actually apt for mild jogging and walking. It also has shock absorbers to reduce the impact on your joints.
- This treadmill has all features that are essential for providing agood user experience. teh hand rails have speed control buttons, and grip sensors to measure the heart rate.
- It has 9 built in programs to keep you focussed and consistently strive towards your fitness goal.
- The treadmill has a soft drop mechanism, or you can say a hydraulically powered folding mechanism which allows comfortable folding and opening of the machine.
- It has quick speed adjustment buttons on its dashboard. They provide options for 2 mph, 4 mph and 6 mph. Although you can reach a maximum speed of 9 mph.
- It has a simple digital LCD display that keeps teh user well informed about all necessary workout metrics like speed, distance, time, calories burnt nad pulse rate.
- It has provision for 2 manual incline levels, teh third ine being teh original level of the deck.
- Being light in weight and assisted by transportation wheels, this treadmill can be easily moved from one place to another in your home.
- This treadmill offers 3 year warranty for the frame and 6 months warranty for parts and labor.
- The quick speed buttons on teh dashboard are only for 2,4 and 6 mph speed levels. An ommision of the intermediate speed options will create a sudden leap of speed for initial users who are used to pick the pace gradually.
- It does not have bluetooth connectivity for your tablet or phone.
It is a worth buying option when you are looking for a treadmill in the low price range. This one is equipped with needed features, and teh god points include its adequate capacity motor, high maximum speed nad a better warranty when compaed to others in this price range.
3. SereneLife Smart Electric Folding Treadmill
This is another good treadmill for mild exercise that you can get in this price category. The speed levels and the power of the motor can support brisk walking and very mild jogging only. Apart from that, it has a variety of features that will keep you engaged and satisfied.
If it is operated wisely, within limits of usage for which this machine is built; it will last long.
- Treadmill dimensions – 50" L x 24" W x 49.2" H | Folded dimensions – 25.2” L x 24” W x 49.2” H | Weight – 60 lbs. | Maximum user weight – 265 lbs. | Tread Belt – 39.37” L x 15.74” W | Speed – 0.6 to 6.0 MPH | Inclination – 3 levels
- The compact treadmill for small spaces has LCD display w/ touch button controls. Displays run time, distance, speed, calories burned, heart rate w/ running data statistics readout and hand grip sensors for BPM pulse monitoring
- The SereneLife Smart Folding Treadmill with incline features a hassle-free electric motorized plug in design. This compact slim running machine is portable and has a convenient hydraulic folding style for easy setup and storage
- Get connected w/ the ‘FitShow’ app on your device via bluetooth. Allows you to record and review training data, display training stats and challenge friends, and share fitness data on social media. Works w/ Android, iPhone, tablet
- Use the adjusters to manually set incline levels. Keeps you safe w/ integrated safety key emergency power off function. Features built-in book/magazine tray and cup holder. Used for walking, jogging, as home gym running equipment
- Speed Range: 0.6 to 6 mph
- Product weight: 60 lbs (approx)
- Weight limit: 220 lbs
- Running belt dimension L x W: 39.7”x 15.74”in
- Incline: 3 manual incline settings
- Power: 1 Hp
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- 1 Hp motor power is enough to power the machine for which it has been built. Moreover, it is sufficiently quiet too. Owing to almost no noise, you can engage in any other activity like listening to music, or any educational audios or converse on the phone while you workout.
- The running track is around 40 inches in length and less than 16 inches wide. This might be constricted for many people but it is isn’t actually true since when you only have to walk or brisk walk on this machine. The dimensions will not pose a problem for you.
- The range of speed offered, 0.6 to 6 mph is enough for mild workouts.
- The belt provides adequate friction or we can say you get a good grip on its surface and it will keep you from slipping off.
- 3 manually adjustable incline options offer good variations for your workouts. The angles of inclination are 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 degrees.
- 12 built in workout programs are available to the user. You can choose the one which suits your needs for they are classified into categories like cardio fitness, weight loss, health and stamina building.
- This treadmill provides bluetooth connectivity to your phone and tablet which adds to its utility. Your workout data can be conveniently transferred to your phone. Users can download the ‘FitShow app’ where you can enter your data and keep a track of your progress. The app also provides many more workout variations.
- The console has a small LCD display to keep you informed about your workout metrics. The pulse rate measured via the hand grip sensors on the handles is also displayed here.
- An emergency stop button is present on the console. along with that a safety key is also provided, for whenever you need to suddenly stop the machine, you can easily do that.
- This machine can be folded easily since it also has a soft drop mechanism (based on hydraulics) to land the running deck easily and slowly on the ground. It is easy to move and put it in a place of your choice since it is light in weight and is assisted with transportation wheels.
- The setting up/ assembly of this machine is quick and easy.
- This equipment comes with a rather limited warranty (lesser than its counterparts).
- It has a lower speed range than some other treadmills in this price range.
It is light machine, which will help you with basic and mild workouts. It is a very affordable option that comprises of all features that will make your workout safe, engaging and productive.!
4. Confidence Fitness TP-2 Electric Treadmill Motorized Running Machine Incline
This treadmill is a much improved version of the Confidence Fitness TP-1 treadmill. Although some of the basic features remain the same, this has some more features which are crucial for a smooth and effective workout.
An improved dimension of the running track along with incline adjustments, good speed controls while still being compact in size such that it fits in the space of a small apartment makes it better that TP-1. Also, it is very affordable.
This is of course better option and a wiser decision to bu the since it will save you from being in a post purchase dissonance!
- SMOOTH PRECISE RUNNING - Max speed 6mph. Quickly change with the quick speed adjuster knob
- MAXIMISE YOUR WORKOUT - 16 built in fitness programs to keep it varied
- 3 INCLINE LEVELS - Manual incline allows you to select one of 3 pre-set inclines for additional challenge
- LARGE LCD BACKLIT DISPLAY - Shows heart rate, speed, distance, time and calories at a glance
- Speed range: 1 mph to 6 mph
- Upper weight limit: 242 lbs
- Size of the folded machine: 47.2 x 21.4 x 25 in
- Running track dimension: 39.4 x 16 in
- Power : 1 HP
- A basic treadmill. Made from good quality material and also the construction and mechanics behind the machine will facilitate a smooth workouts.
- The folding mechnism has been made smooth for easy handling of the machine. Being hydraulically backed, ‘folding’ is an easy task for users. The company claims that the treadmill can be opened easily with very little effort.
- The hand rails have an in built hand pulse sensor, to monitor the heart rate .
- An Adequately sized LCD display which will enable you to read the heart rate, speed, distance, time and calories used.
- The maximum speed that the machine can provide is of 6 mph.
- The speed adjustment knob, allows to change the speed instantly and upscale your workout or reduce its intensity almost with no interruptions and time loss.
- Another addition here, is incline adjustments. Three levels are available, which can be manually adjusted.
- The motor capacity of 1 HP is satisfactory,
- It is very compact in size and the weight of the product is less. So, in any case it is easy to move it and keep it in any corner of the room.
- The running track has a length of around 40 inches but has a decent width of 16 inches. So this one can help you run easily without the fear of safety.
- 16 built in programs that will provide you an array of workouts to suit your needs and break the monotony.
- A safety key keeps you connected to the treadmill to prevent the user from mishaps.
- The width seems to be fine, but the length of the running track is a limitation. Not everyone would be able to run on it.
- The maximum speed that it can reach is less; only 6 mph. It shows that the treadmill is for walking, or good brisk walking.
5. GOPLUS 1100 watt
This treadmill comes with all the required features. It is an alluring combination of low price with good quality, high tech features as well as contemporary design.
- Multi-function LED Display - LED shows Heart rate, scan, speed（0.8-6mph）, distance, time and calories. Handrails have speed +/-, start/stop and heart rate test functions.
- Space-Saving Design & IPAD/ phone holder - Goplus treadmill can be easy folded, with wheels it is easy for moving and storage.Put your mobile phone or Ipad on the holder, you can talk with your friends or watch movies when you work out on this treadmill.
- Heavy-duty Construction - Frame is made of high quality steel, has 220Lbs weight capacity, 39"L x14"W ruuning belt provides you more comfortable and more sturdy workout experience.
- Safety Guaranteed Design - Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail, which double protect you while working out.
- 2 Years Warranty - We offer you 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let you buy with confidence. We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with DURABILITY, PORTABILITY and HIGH QUALITY of our treadmill.
- Speed Range: 0.8 – 6.0 mph
- Product weight: 59 lbs
- Weight limit: 220 lbs
- Folded Dimensions L x W x H: 22.3” x 24” x 48”
- Running belt dimension L x W: 39” x14”
- Power: 1100 W (approximately 1.5 HP)
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- Made with the intent to provide ease to the customer, this treadmill can be adjusted in very less space and it is also easy to fold and store.
- It is made to last long, and it has been built to endure a good amount of weight.
- It monitors your heart rate through a pulse sensor that is provided on the hand rails, directly where you can position your thumb while holding the machine.
- LED display shows your workout related statistics that are accurately monitored by the machine, namely: heart rate, speed, distance covered and time spent .
- Privision of I pad and mobile phone holder adds more convenience to the machine.
- Safety key and emergency stop button have been provided.
- Makes less noise.
- The maximum weight this machine can bear is around 220 lbs and 39″L x14″W running belt vividly show that it is apt for short to medium height people. A 39 inches length of the running deck will obviously be small for tall people.
- A variety of workout modes (P1 to P12) to choose from.
- The company provides 2 years of warranty and claims for ultimate satisfaction for the customers with respect to the smooth functioning and durability of the machine.
- Customers have acclaimed the product after use.
- The length and width of the running deck is a limitation.It would rule out some fairly tall people who have a long stride.
- It has a slight fixed incline.
This treadmill will fulfil the need for a space saving gadget which has a decently powerful motor and adequate features. If you do not need to regularly change the incline for your workouts and you keep it simple, it will be good enough for you. Moreover your weight should fall within the range provided.
It is a very good option, if you’re searching a treadmill in the low price range.
6. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
Built by Merax, this treadmill has impressive features yet it is very much affordable for almost anyone. This one provides a decent length and breadth of the running deck which in itself is a luxury.
Users have found it easy to use and well suited to their needs.
- 【Real Space Saver】Super fast and easy assembly. This Merax folding treadmill boasts a compact footprint and fast folding design with convenient transportation wheels to move around without hassle. You can either store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed.
- 【Multi-functional Display with Speakers】Multi-functional LCD Display to track your performance in time, speed, distance and calories burnt, promising a superior and effective home treadmill workout. Simply plug in your phone or insert USB flash drive, and you can emerge into training with your workout playlist. Phone/Pad deck available.
- 【Strong 1.5HP Motor】A smooth and quiet 1.5HP treadmill motor allows for 12 preset programs and 3 count-down modes, supports speeds ranging from 0.8 – 12 KM/H (0.5 – 7.5 MPH) to help you meet a variety of fitness goals.
- 【Convenient Shortcut Buttons】Quick buttons on handles help instantly start or stop the running machine or easily change speed settings during workout. This Merax treadmill is also specially designed with a high-density lawn texture belt that absorbs shock for premium comfort with non-slip feature for maximum safety.
- Merax treadmill product Size: 55” x 23.5” x 43”. Folded Size: 29.5” x 23.5” x 49”. Max weight capacity: 240 LBS. To play music via speaker, use flash drive only (.mp3 format). The USB port does not support playing music on phone.
- Speed Range: 0.8 – 12 km/hr (0.5 to 7.5 mph)
- Product weight: 73 lbs
- Weight limit: 240 lbs
- Assembly Dimensions L x W x H: 56.3 x 25.2 x 42.1 in
- Running belt dimension L x W: 43.3 x 15.7 in
- Power: 1.5 HP
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- A powerful motor of 1.5 HP provides smooth functioning and great pick up of speed. Maximum speed that can be reached is 12 km/hr. The speed can be easily adjusted using buttons that are provided on the hand rails.
- Merax Electric folding treadmill has 12 built in workout programs but you can also customise the programs using 3 variables of distance, calories or time passed as per your requirement.
- The running deck is multi layered and made of anti skid material. It has been made keeping in mind, that work out should be easy on the joints as well as it saves you from any sort of accidental failure.
- Provision of safety key to help immediately stop the machine.
- Buttons available on the hand rails help to quickly change your speed or stop the treadmill as and when you want.
- Incorporated with a tablet holder, a pair of speakers and an auxiliary port for music device and two water bottle holders, one on each side are some additional features.
- The hand rails have an inbuilt pulse grip sensor.
- The LED display screen is 5 inches wide which efficiently displays the performance metrics.
- Made of heavy steel and is covered by a 12 months warranty including motor.
The treadmill has a single fixed incline. If you really need variations in incline off and on, this one might not suit you. Moreover, any person having a height of around 6 feet may find the running deck short. Carefully analyse your requirements before you make the choice.
The auxiliary port help to connect your phone as well as a USB flash drive. But to listen music via the treadmill’s inbuilt speakers you can use a USB flash drive only.
This one is a great treadmill with adequately powerful motor and an adequate running belt. It can also be a good purchase provided it fits in your criteria of usage.
7. AW 1100W Folding Electric Treadmill
A very basic treadmill, with very meagre price tag. The price is enough to get attention. Know about it thoroughly before you make your mind to purchase this one.
- [Various Exercise Options & Easy to Use]: 3 built-in auto modes, 2 fixed incline degrees & 0.5 to 6.5 mph speed range could meet your different need of running, jogging, walking or other exercises to effectively achieve your goal; Quickly adjusting modes & speed by buttons on control panel without complex setting steps
- [LCD Display & Handrail Sensor]: LCD display clearly shows distance, time, calories burned, speed & heart rate, tracking your performance for effective workout routine based on your real-time data; Pulse and heart rate sensor for monitoring your current physical condition
- [Foldable & Space Saving]: Treadmill can be folded uprightly for easy storage against the wall with compact size of 20 7/8"x24"x50 3/8" and light weight, saving your space; Transport wheels bring convenience during moving treadmill after use
- [Safety & Strong Motor]: Safety emergency key offers protection by providing a instant stop during emergency; CE, RoHs certification for quality and safety; 1100W motor offers full support to intense workout & low noise to avoid disturbing others
- [Home Workout Studio]: Coming with padded foam handrails for comfort and balance, 2 holders beside the LCD display for getting necessaries like water bottle within arm’s reach, suitable for doing fitness at home or in office to improve health, lose weight or strengthen muscle, no need to go to public gym but continue your daily exercise at home
- Speed Range: 1 to 10 km/hr (upto 6 mph)
- Product weight: 56 lbs (approx)
- Weight limit: 220 lbs
- Running belt dimension L x W: 39.3”x 12.5”in
- Incline: 3 manual incline settings
- Power: 1100 W
- Rated Voltage: 110V
- The motor capacity is Ok whereby it will power the machine well for light users. It is built well keeping in mind its constraints of speed and weight limit.
- It is apt for walking or occasional brisk walking only. It should not be used fro running.
- 3 inbuilt programs: P1, P2, P3.
- The dimensions of the running track pose a clear concern for runners. A length of 39 inches and a mere width of 12.5 inches does not give scope for carefree running. It is best to walk on this machine.
- It is extremely light in weight, and along with transportation wheels attached to it, it is and easy too use machine by one and all. Elderly people, girls or those looking for rehabilitation can very well use it.
- It also has small LCD display that displays your speed, heart rate, calories burnt, distance covered and time elapsed. All your workout metrics are clearly and correctly displayed.
- The heart rate is measured by the grip pulse sensors present on the handles
- It has a fixed incline.
- It is provided with a Safety key to stop the machine in case of emergency.
- Constricted running track.
- No tablet or mobile holder.(can hold two water bottles on either side of the console)
It is a compact machine. It can be easily folded and being light in weight it can be moved around and kept in any space of your choice. A study of this treadmill clearly show that it has been built only for walking or may be brisk walking.
Anyone looking for a light weight , compact and low cost treadmill to walk casually, tone muscles and keep his/her heart healthy can draw benefit from buying this one.