Elliptical trainers are equipments that provide low impact cardio exercise.
They are very popular and are found across gyms while they may still be new for some. The main reason why we say it provides low impact cardio training is that your feet will rest on reasonably sized cushioned pedals to propel the machine (which is electrically powered of course) and will not leave the surface of the pedals at any time during your workout. So it saves users from any extra pressure and jerks that your joints would otherwise have to bear. Not only this, you get to tone your arms and upper body as well by using the handles. In all it is. a great piece of user friendly machine that provides a full body workout.
If you are looking for an elliptical machine from a good brand but don’t want to spend much, Proform endurance 520e is one of the best options for you. It is built for light to moderate users, is a feature rich piece of equipment that won’t lead to any disappointments.
- Good for your home
- Durable and convenient to use
- Beautiful and unique design
- Made from high qualtiy material
Facts to consider:
- The floor area that you need, to keep this elliptical machine in your home is 68” L x 27” W. It is better to know this foremost since you need to decide where you would place it. It is heavy measuring 200 lbs itself and can bear a maximum of 300 lbs of user’s weight. Dimensions of the machine are also important to be known. This piece of equipment is 67.1” long, 25” wide and is 66.6” high.
- The perk of using an elliptical trainer is that you get a full body workout which is safe and less strenuous. It keeps your joints and muscles away from unnecessary tension and stress that would be incurred while using other types of equipment and that in an erratic fashion.
- Apart from this, it is important to know that ‘Proform’ is a home fitness equipment leader and this one would be a great choice since it comes with an under $1000 price tag.
- It is built with high quality steel.
- It is robust and can take the weight of the user (within given limits). You can workout peacefully. It has no incidence of any squeaking sounds.
- Apart from all other dimensions and space needed to keep this(mentioned above), a very important part is the pedal size and the stride that it can offer. The length of the pedals is 14.5 inches and they are placed almost 6 inches above the ground.
- The elliptical path or you can say the stride will be around 20 inches.
- To bring about variation in your stride, this one has several incline settings providing an incline upto 20 degrees. There are 5 different settings which can be used to target different muscle groups.
- There 18 levels of electronic and magnetic resistance which can be digitally controlled. The good part is that the resistance increases gradually with every increasing level, so it offers options for different users with varied needs.
- This is an iFit compatible machine. If at all you need to make your workouts more engaging, challenging and add in variety you can buy the iFit wireless module and start using it and you will get one year free subscription with the purchase.
- The iFit account can be accessed from mobiles as well as tablets and then synced with machine. It allows to access previous data as well as explore new possibilities.
- iFit enables the user to get trained with professionals from different parts of the world, follow their instructions and experience exercising in different locations across the world using google maps.
- The best part is that taking an iFit subscription is not a compulsion. And in any case you do not want to use iFit, you will find their already installed (you can say in built) programs enough to keep you going in your fitness journey.
- In order to enhance the user experience, this equipment comes with in built speakers. It also has cushioned hand grips for your comfort and grip sensors on the handles to record your heart rate.
- The 520e elliptical from Proform has a very basic 5 inch display, with backlighting. It will enable you to clearly read your workout related statistics.
- The company provides a lifetime warranty for the frame and 1 year warranty for the parts and labor.
- Manual incline adjustment. You have to get down the machine to change its incline as it cannot be changed while you workout.
- Sound quality of the speakers on this unit is not very good as experienced by users.
- Limited warranty.
It is an entry level model from Pro form. A basic budget friendly elliptical which will fulfil all your needs. It isn’t for bulky people who intend to indulge in serious training and bulky users. If used in moderation, it will last long.